WICHITA, KS – The 81st National Baseball Congress World Series will be played next summer at
Lawrence-Dumont Stadium in Wichita with a familiar face in charge of the event. Kevin Jenks
has been named the general manager and tournament director of the National Baseball
Congress by the newly formed foundation’s board of directors.
Jenks, who was hired as a sales executive for the Wichita Wingnuts, also served as the 2014
director of the amateur tournament and was the operations manager in 2013. Jenks will step
away from his duties with the Wichita Wingnuts to become the first full?time general manager
and tournament director hired by the National Baseball Congress Foundation. He will report
directly to the board of directors.
“I’m humbled and honored for this wonderful opportunity with the NBC Foundation,” said
Jenks. “It’s motivating to see the passion our board has for the World Series and I look forward
to carrying out their mission and vision.”
A graduate of Garden Plain High School, Jenks played college baseball at Dodge City Community
College. He graduated with a BA in Communications from Fort Hays State University in 1995,
and spent 12 years working in television broadcasting as a sports photographer, reporter and
anchor. He spent another five years in corporate recruiting, sales, marketing and business
development before joining the Wingnuts organization in 2013.
“I have worked with Kevin the past two years and the Board met with dozens of NBC officials,
managers, players, scouts, sponsors and fans this past summer at the tournament,” said
chairman of the board, Steve Shaad. “It was clear Kevin was respected by all. We feel he is the
key to making the NBC World Series as successful as possible and restoring its reputation as the
best summer amateur baseball tournament in the world.”
For more information about the 81st Annual NBC World Series visit www.nbcbaseball.com.
NBC Baseball Foundation Board of Directors
Mr. Steve Shaad, Chairman
Mr. Gaylord Dold, Secretary
Mr. Mike Gehrer, Vice Chairman
Mr. Greg Sevier, Treasurer
Mr. Terry Brewster
Mr. Bob Hanson
Mr. Vernell Jackson
Mr. Pete Meitzner, Wichita City Council
Mr. Dan Rogers
Mr. Jason Wenzel
Ms. Lavonta Williams, Wichita City Council
We at the NBC Baseball Foundation envision a proud future in which Hap Dumont’s original vision is
transmitted to and perpetuated for future generations, and enhanced through continued hard work and
dedication, so that our community, fans everywhere, amateur players, and lovers of the game, young
and old, will continue to benefit spiritually and physically by enjoying our national pastime.
Our mission at the NBC Baseball Foundation is to perpetuate, grow and popularize the National Baseball Congress annual tournament as the premier summer showcase in the nation for college-age amateur baseball players; to maximize the outreach, sanctioning, league activities, and effectiveness of the National Baseball Congress; to promote baseball in the Wichita, Kansas area; and to establish lasting partnerships, sponsorships and other cooperative pursuits.
- The Foundation will solicit, establish, manage, and grow a substantial endowment.
- The Foundation will pursue donor and sponsor partnerships to financially support its mission.
- The Foundation will seek volunteer community partners to further its vision and mission.
- The Foundation will create an executive staff of dedicated professionals.
- The Foundation will optimize, oversee, and grow the National Baseball Congress as an amateur baseball sanctioning organization.
- The Foundation, though its executive staff and volunteers, will independently and effectively operate a summer baseball tournament for college-age amateur baseball players under principles, policies and procedures established by the Board of Directors.
- The Foundation will support youth baseball in the Wichita, Kansas area by distributing property to qualified local charities under conditions and rules established by the Foundation.