NBC Baseball Foundation Internships & Practicum Opportunities
The NBC Baseball Foundation (National Baseball Congress World Series) is looking for spring and summer interns to assist in the operations of the NBC Baseball Foundation, as well as the 90th Anniversary NBC World Series (July 25-August 3, 2024) in Wichita, Kansas.
The internship & practicum program may include nights and weekends. These internships are paid a $500/month stipend, with the opportunity for commission on sales, and they will be able to network with individuals, organizations, and businesses in the community.
Spring Session: February through May
Summer Session: May through Mid-August
Sales & Sponsorship Internship
- Actively make sales calls for groups & fundraisers for the NBC World Series (commission paid on sales made)
- Learn to create partnership proposals
- Assist with sponsorship execution and fulfillment
- Assist with ticketing operations, including ticket printing and distribution
- Work with local business and community partners on trade partnerships
- Create and execute sales-focused theme nights
Baseball Operations & Communications Internship
- Communicate with teams, leagues & players about the NBC World Series
- Work with official scorer to update website, record book, and create content & features about teams & players
- Update summer collegiate database and research best practices in amateur baseball
- Make sure NBC continues to innovate and integrate technology in to the tournament
- Baseball knowledge required
Marketing & Promotions Internship
- Assist in creating a marketing plan for upcoming events
- Create social media and marketing content, including Instagram, Facebook & Twitter
- Email marketing
- Website updating and content creation
- Work with local media partners and marketing partners to promote events
- Create a fun fan experience for events, including elements such as between innings promotions, stadium entertainment, promotional events etc.
- On event day, execute in-game promotions and assist with giveaways, promotions and entertainment as needed
Content/Video Production Internship
- Organize shoots and coordinate logistics with coaches and front office
- Quickly edit content for social media distribution
- Research and create videos for all NBCWS/WSC social media profiles and YouTube channel
- Oversee/coordinate NBC World Series livestream
- Shoot videos at events as needed
- Help maintain the department’s video and replay database
- Take ownership and lead design and creative projects as assigned
- Contribute creativity to planning and executing in-game promotions
- All other duties as assigned
- Assist in planning and organization of events, including organizing and executing event timelines, and assisting with all aspects of event operations
- Assist in set up and tear down of all events
- Areas of involvement may include (but not limited to): ticketing system, venue operations, equipment and gear, volunteer organization, merchandise, hospitality etc.
- Opportunity to work across departments and learn overall operations of sporting events
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
All interns will work with other internal departments on various special projects throughout the season, and perform other duties as assigned.
For additional information about the internship program, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 316-265-6236 with questions.